Friday, April 19, 2013

MicroJournal Entry #12 - Reflection

We are two weeks away from the end of this semester and I have learnt a a lot of new and interesting things in my Microbiology class this semester. Microbiology was sometimes challenging, but because we were being taught such interesting information, I was always eager to attend classes. It was obvious that Dr. Villanueva has a passion for this subject, and as her student, I adopted this passion also.

Microbiology was not just about bacteria and other microbes, like I expected it to be. It was so much more. I learnt about DNA replication, diseases, immunity, and many other topics. After the semester ends, I know I will never consider a box of milk as just plain milk, I will choose to wash my hands as long as there is water and soap, often instead of using hand sanitizers and I will always appreciate my normal microbiota.

My small group project researched the types and amount of bacteria found in showers and we discovered that there are many bacteria in showers! This was expected because as we bathe, some of the normal flora on our skins get washed off.

The contents of this course will be applied to my daily life and to my career in the medical field. I enjoyed being a Microbiology student this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment